To claim any cash prizes you earn, contact email@example.com. If you won cash by participating in a digital event (using one of our apps), use the email address associated with your in-app username, if any. We will verify all details before releasing your prize. Please Include the following items in your message:
- Your first and last name.
- Your in-app username, if applicable.
- The name and date of the event in which you earned your prize.
- Every time you win a cash prize of $500 or more, we require you to submit a W-9 tax form before you can claim that prize. Complete and attach this W-9 tax form: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf.
- We will send a paper check to the address on your W-9, unless otherwise requested.
- Once we have all required information, please allow 5-10 business days to receive your check.
- IRS regulations require that Nonresident Aliens who are receiving a prize/award are subject to 30% federal withholding on the payment. Prizes/awards are amounts received by an individual primarily in recognition of religious, charitable, scientific, educational, artistic, literary or civic achievement or received as a result of entering a contest. Generally, tax treaty provisions are not available to exempt a prize/award from the 30% tax withholding. When we pay a prize/award to an NRA, we are required to withhold 30% from the amount and remit it to the IRS. The NRA will receive the balance. The individual need to complete appropriate paperwork and they will receive a 1042S tax reporting form by March 15 of the next calendar year reflecting the amount award, taxes withheld, and amount netted.
- We may deduct any delivery fees (for example, wire transfer fees) from your payment.
If any region doesn’t allow cash prizes, we will instead award an equivalent-value alternate prize, if possible. For example, if you won $500 in the Epic Digital App, we would instead add 70,000 gems (a form of digital currency in the app) to your account.